Rookie Driver Course
Designed for the new driver holding a Learners License. This course consists of 6 hrs. of Professional Behind the Wheel instruction. We will pick up the student at the requested local for 3 Lessons each lasting 2 hours. Each student will receive an instructional record accessing them and instructing the following behaviors.
• Orientation to dashboard, warning lights, hand signals, car rules, blind spots, how to start the engine preparing the car for driving.
• Behind the Wheel Confidence.
• Three point turn.
• Head in parking and curb side parking.
• Interstate driving.
• Backing out of driveway and pulling into traffic.
• Centering the car in the roadway.
• Left and right turns, position, speed, steering and controlling the vehicle.
• Breaking (quick stop) and acceleration.
• Stopping distance for signals and car ahead.
• 4 second rule.
• Use of mirrors.
• Knowledge of signs, lane markings, directions and speed limits.
• Lane changing and passing.
Personal Lesson Plan available to fit the Drivers personal needs. $100.00 Per 2 hr. additional lesson.
- Seat time with real road situations are key to developing driver confidence and safe behaviors. Additional lessons can be tailored to focus on specific road situations such as bridges, interstates, downtown areas, high traffic areas and construction areas.
Schedule the Rookie Course as 3 individual 2 hour lessons
We accept Visa™ and MasterCard™ when purchasing any of our courses.